Growing Your Own Herbs
Fresh, Delicious & Healthy!
Growing Your Own Herbs - A Worthwhile Alternative
With each passing day, more people are getting involved in practices that encourage them to pursue a healthier lifestyle. These range from having an exercise regimen to cooking your own nutritious meals. By being more conscious of what’s happening to your body, you’re more likely to do what’s right for it. That’s why you’ll even come across activities like growing your own herbs. You may think you need a lot of space to grow garden herbs, and you’d be wrong.
Growing herbs is something that can even be done in a few herb pots. Do you live in a big house with a garden or a small townhouse? This is no longer a question you need to ask yourself if you’d like to grow herbs. There are plenty of innovative ways to enable you to make use of the space you have, including tools that can comfortably help you create an indoor or outdoor herb garden.
Nothing is more satisfying than adding your own home grown herbs to your meals. Of course herbs have been used for centuries in natural therapies and are a positive contribution to a healthier you.
As you contemplate growing your own herbs, here are some things to consider.
- The types of herbs you can grow
- How much space you’ll need to get started
- Which tools are necessary
How To Start Growing Your Own Herbs
Where To Grow Your Herbs
Where To Find The Seeds
Tips For Growing Herbs
Growing herbs doesn’t need to be as strenuous as managing a vegetable farm. However, you will need the right equipment to help you get started properly. Whether you’ll have an indoor or outdoor herb garden, pots are a must. These function as your garden. You can have big or small ones depending, on your space. You’ll then need garden soil or potting compost for growing your herbs. Tools like herb snips, a watering can and trowel will help you with pruning, digging and watering requirements. For smaller pots, a spray bottle can work.
Pros And Cons Of Growing Your Own Herbs
- You always have fresh herbs available.
- Visits to the grocery store are significantly less.
- You’re aware of what you’re eating.
- You can grow your own common medicinal herbs.
- Growing your own herbs requires dedication.
- You’ll need to purchase good quality soil for growing your own herbs.
- Finding reliable suppliers with good seeds or seedlings for growing your own herbs may take time.
- If you’re not careful, growing your own herbs indoors may also attract bugs!
Start Simple When Growing Your Own Herbs
If a herb garden is something you desire, then Health and Herbs got you covered. Simply get some herb pots and go through the different steps we’ve outlined to help you start planting your favourite herbs in no time. Check out our blogs to know more about individual herbs.